Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tamara Wyndham (118)

Secret Glory
from the Body Prints, acrylic on cotton

Tower of Light
from the Body Prints, acrylic on cotton


Tamara writes about the Body Prints:

My body prints are self-portraits in which I examine my anatomy and posture, and how the muscular tension, bone alignment, and balance of my body indicate ways in which I open or shut myself to the world. I also focus on the aura surrounding and emanating from the body. I also draw upon images from ancient burial shrouds, mummies, Neolithic cave paintings, Eastern and Western medical charts, Kirlian and x-ray photography. The process of making these involves one or more actual contact body prints, which I may then work further with brushes, my fingers, airbrush, and various splattered painting techniques.