Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bianca den Breejen (99)




Bianca writes:

My work is the result of research into the psychological processes of the young female. The ways in which she experiences her sense, her body, her existence. It’s a deepening of understanding the boundaries between our physical bodies and our perception thereof, between our selves and our reflections. I am fascinated by the enigma of the human body, by the ways in which it could be made to seem an apparition. Space around me is the starting point for my work. I play hide and seek with space, to compare the fragility of the models body with the powerful presence of space and the objects present within it. My work forms a row of, sometimes voyeuristic, windows, each granting a glimpse into the canyons of internal life and death.